Caseview Pty Ltd
1. What is personal information?
2. Why Caseview collects Your personal information
As part of its Services, Caseview’s provides a platform that allows Users to create and share legal research, including legal annotations and commentary, with other Users.
Caseview may also provide Practitioner Account holders with access to additional Services, including Services that allow legal information and updates to be provided to You through the Caseview site, in the form of web mail or email messages. These communications may provide additional legal information of particular interest to You and may also promote the business activities of the Practitioner Account holder. Caseview uses the information to identify shared legal information that is likely to be of interest to You.
If You do not wish to receive any communications from Caseview You may at any time elect to unsubscribe or unfollow a Practitioner Account or unsubscribe to email communications from the Practitioner Account holder or the Site generally, in which event no further electronic communications will be sent to You from the Practitioner Account holder or the Site.
Caseview also uses the information collected to help us continually improve the User experience and to provide better Services.
Caseview does not seek to collect personal information from Users unless those Users provide that information voluntarily. However, if You opt to not provide us with Your personal information we may not be able to provide You with the Services You are seeking.
Caseview will not sell or rent Your information to another party under any circumstances.
3. What personal information does Caseview collect?
Caseview will collect Your personal information when You register for an Account.
This information may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Your name.
- Your occupation or category of occupation.
- Contact details, including email address.
- Your place of business or employment.
- Areas of law or topics that are of interest to You.
4. Disclosure, use and sharing of personal information by Caseview
Caseview may use or disclose Your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by You);
- for other purposes to which You have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Casview collects, uses and discloses Your personal information to assist in providing You with our Services and to advise You about new Services or legal information which may be of interest to You. Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are:
- for the purposes of providing You with information or updates in relation to areas of law or legal topics that may be of interest to You;
- for the delivery, maintenance and improvement of the Services; and
- to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities for the Site.
5. To whom do we disclose personal information
- our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including website and data hosting providers, and other suppliers);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers and agents; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose Your personal information to third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties only use Your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
6. Security and protection of Your data
The Site is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment.
Whilst we take all reasonable care to protect Your personal information once it is received, we cannot guarantee that information sent and received over the Internet is completely secure.
We store personal information on computer databases and/or in hard copy and will take reasonable steps to protect any records that we hold which contain Your personal information. We destroy Your personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
Please notify us immediately if You become aware of any breach of security.
7. Accessing and updating Your personal information
You have the right to access Your personal information.
Caseview will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to Your personal information.
If You become aware that any personal information we hold about You is incorrect or if You wish to update Your information, please contact us on the email address provided below.
8. Questions of complaints about Your personal information
Caseview is happy to answer any queries or concerns You may have regarding the privacy of Your personal information.
To contact us with a complaint or concern please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org